Samyang’s Xeen 50mm T1.5 Lens is built specifically for use as a cinema lens, and is not a modified still lens. It features an internal focus design so that the lens does not change size while focusing, minimizing breathing. Each lens in the Samyang Xeen cinema lens set is multi-coated for good contrast, glare prevention, and are color matched to a factory standard, allowing you to assemble a set over time with minimal color shift. This 50mm lens provides what is considered a normal angle of view on full-frame cameras, and a tighter angle of view on smaller formats. The lens features dual sided focus scales in feet, with dual sided iris scales. The 11-bladed iris provides a rounded aperture for a natural looking highlights and Bokeh.
The lens is a manual focus and iris lens, and does not have auto focus or auto iris capability. It incorporates cinema-style focus and iris gears that share the same position across the lenses in the Xeen set. The common 114mm front diameter allows for quick lens changes when using a matte box and focus accessories. The focus ring rotates 200° from close focus to infinity; this gives you a high degree of precision and consistent focus.
- This is a 50mm lens that has an image circle that covers a full-frame sensor. When mounted on a camera with a full-frame sensor it provides what is considered a normal angle of view, being neither telephoto or wide-angle.
- The lens features metal construction to withstand the rigors of daily production, and it incorporates a support that can help take strain off your camera’s lens port.
- Dual calibrated right and left side focus and T-stop scales allow your focus puller to work from either side of the lens, without having to flip the lens in the mount.
- Each lens in the Xeen series share common focus and iris gear ring positions, which speeds up lens changes as accessories such as follow focus units or iris motors don’t have to be re-positioned.
- The common 114mm front diameter allows for quick lens changes as you don’t have to swap out anti-reflection donuts or adapters to use the same matte box.
- „Clickless“ aperture ring for smooth iris pulls.
- A minimum focusing distance of 18″ allows you to get up close to your subject.