The S-Mic 2 is a professional short shotgun that was designed for the video productions of today. We spent the last year talking with working professionals and gathering their input when we made the S-Mic 2S. The boom operators of today demand a shorter, lighter microphone with a slightly wider pickup pattern for multi-talent scenes. This makes the S-Mic 2S perfect for things like reality TV crews, indoor sit down interviews, and indie filmmaking.
The S-Mic 2S is as light as other industry standard mics used on film sets. Coming in at a mere 3 ounces, you might forget you have a microphone on the end of your boom pole.
- The Deity S-Mic 2S is a professional shotgun microphone offering superior sound performance, quality circuitry and great craftsmanship making for a reliable tool for audio recording.
- The Deity S-Mic 2S features a super cardioid pickup pattern which minimizes surrounding ambient sounds but still offers low off-axis coloration.
- The S-Mic 2S also is very forgiving when trying to point it at an actor or actress because of its super cardioid pickup, making it a great microphone for new boom operators.
- The microphone’s ultra low self- noise lets you capture natural-sounding speech and dialog without any distractions.
- Designed to hold up to the brutality of run-and-gun-style shoots, the Deity S-Mic 2S body is machined from 100% solid brass and features an epoxy sealed gold-coated PCB board and a moisture-resistant capsule.
- All Deity S-Mic 2S microphones come with a waterproof, shockproof hard case to keep your microphone safe during storage or travel. Also included with every purchase is a mic clip and a foam windscreen.