LCD – Detail, Accuracy, Brightness.
Discerning cinematographers and videographers need high-resolution, color-accurate, sunlight-viewable monitoring with a wide angle of view.
The PIX-E5H monitor excels in all those aspects with their IPS, 500 nit, 1920×1080, 441 ppi LCD displays.
PIX-Assist™ Monitoring Tools & Scopes
- Waveform Monitor
- False Color
- Frame Markers
- Four Way View
It has never been faster to zoom in and check focus!
TapZoom provides instant 2x or 4x zoom to where you tap on the touchscreen. Tap again to zoom out.
Once zoomed in, tap on the screen in the direction of a moving subject to keep it centered – the perfect tool for quickly checking focus when an actor lands short or overruns a mark
Outstanding Recording Capabilities
The 4K-compatible PIX-E5H offers a range of Apple ProRes codecs from ProRes Proxy to 422 HQ. These codecs are designed to preserve the detail in wide dynamic range imagery captured by today’s high performance digital image sensors.
PIX-E5H can record 4K up to 30 fps, UHD up to 30 fps and 1080p or 720p up to 120 fps.
SpeedDrive™ Recording and File Delivery
The PIX-E5H records to the innovative, super fast SpeedDrive, a custom-designed enclosure for an industry standard mSATA drive. The SpeedDrive, which plugs directly into the PIX-E, doubles as a USB 3.0 thumb drive for very high speed offload to any computer without the need for a special cable or drive docking station.
Two SpeedDrive options are available, a 240 GB SpeedDrive and an Enclosure-Only version that allows the user to choose and easily fit any size of mSATA drive. mSATA drives are available in sizes ranging from 128 GB to 1 TB.
Best-of-Both-Worlds User Interface
Some functions are better controlled via touch screen and others by real buttons. PIX-E5H incorporates both types of control. The touchscreen is best used when interacting directly with a specific area of the displayed image such as zooming in to a point of interest with TapZoom.
Buttons allow the operator to locate a control without looking and instant tactile response leaves no doubt a function has been activated. Button control is well suited to commands such as ‘Record’ where failure to activate can be catastrophic.
Mechanical Construction and Powering
With a compact, die-cast metal chassis, nutted connectors, and an LCD protected by scratch-resistant and optically-bonded Gorilla Glass 2, the PIX-E5 field recording monitors are designed to withstand the most extreme and demanding production environments.
The PIX-E5H is powered by external DC (10-34V) or dual L-mount Sony batteries with powering seamlessly switching from one source to another should one become depleted or removed.
- LCD Size: 5-inch
- Resolution & ppi: 1920 x 1080, 441 ppi
- Luminance (Brightness): 500 nit
- IPS with Gorilla® Glass 2
- PIX-Assist Monitoring Tools
- TapZoom: 2x, 4x
- LUTs: S-Log 2 & 3, Canon® Log, V-Log, custom LUTs (16x16x16, 17x17x17, 32x32x32 or 33x33x33 .cube)
- Peaking Filter
- Guide Markers
- False Colors: 4-step, 12-step
- Zebras: Zebras 1, Zebras 2
- Scopes: Waveform Monitor Luma (White, Green) RGB (Overlay, Parade); Vectorscope; Histogram Luma (White, Green) RGB (Overlay, Parade); Four-Way Monitoring (Video Feed, Histogram, Vectorscope, Waveform Monitor)
- Anamorphic Desqueeze: Sensor Ratio (4×3, 16×9/17×9), Lens Ratio (1.33x, 1.5x, 2x)
- 4K (UHD, DCI) Max Resolution/Frame Rate 30 fps
- HD (1080i, 1080p, 720p) Max Resolution/Frame Rate 120 fps
- Codec: Apple® ProRes Proxy to Apple ProRes 422 HQ
- File Transfer to Computer via SpeedDrive™ USB 3.0 interface
- SpeedDrive – Enclosure plus approved 240 GB mSATA Solid State Drive
- Speed Drive – Enclosure only (compatible with third-party 128 GB to 1 TB mSATA SSDs)
- HDMI Input and Output
- PsF to P
- 3:2 Pulldown Removal
- 4K Input to Output Scaling
- Max No. Tracks: 6 (+2 w/optional PIX-LR)
- Analog Inputs 2x unbalanced line, 3.5mm, 2x balanced mic/line, XLR (via optional PIX-LR)
- Embedded Audio Inputs: 4 HDMI
- Headphone Output
- Remote Control & Timecode
- Record Start/Stop Flags: HDMI
- Embedded TC: HDMI, LTC (Line In 1 & 2)
- Powering, Weight, & Dimension
- Power Source EXT DC (10-34V), (optional) 2x Sony L-mount batteries
- Weight 0.96 lb (15.3 oz)
- Dimensions (WxHxD) 5.4 in x 3.4 in x 1.6 in (137.1 mm x 86.3 mm x 40.6 mm)