Bigger, Bolder Picture
The PIX-E7 offers everything the PIX-E5 does — and more! — in a bigger, yet still compact package. The PIX-E7 provides ‘capture with confidence’ monitoring thanks to its optically bonded, capacitive touch screen for maximum light transmission and minimal reflection. With 500 nit brightness and 179° angle of view, its 7-inch, 1920×1200, 323 ppi IPS display ensures accurate monitoring of clarity and color depth, even in bright sunlight.
PIX-Assist™ Monitoring Tools & Scopes
- Four Way View
- Waveform Monitor
- TapZoom™ – Instant 2x and 4x zoom to check focus
- False Colors
- Frame Markers
- LUTs – Built-in and Custom
- Anamorphic Desqueeze
More Connections, Greater Flexibility
Like its 5-inch predecessor, the PIX-E7 also offers BNC connections for SDI In and Out as well as input and output connections for HDMI. What sets the PIX-E7 apart is a second SDI In and another BNC connection for LTC In. Additionally, its left side panel features a GPIO port for tally light and remote control workflows.
Outstanding Recording Capabilities
The 4K-compatible PIX-E7 offers the full range of Apple® ProRes codecs from Proxy to 4444 XQ. The latter is a 12-bit codec designed to preserve the detail in wide dynamic range imagery captured by today’s high performance digital image sensors.
PIX-E7 can record 4K up to 30 fps, UHD up to 30 fps and 1080p or 720p up to 120 fps.
SpeedDrive™ Recording and File Delivery
The PIX-E7 records to the innovative, super fast SpeedDrive, a custom-designed enclosure that holds an industry standard mSATA drive. The SpeedDrive, which plugs directly into the PIX-E, doubles as a USB 3.0 thumb drive for very high speed offload to any computer without the need for a special cable or drive docking station.
Two SpeedDrive options are available, a 240 GB SpeedDrive and an Enclosure-Only version that allows the user to choose and easily fit any size of mSATA drive. mSATA drives are available in sizes ranging from 128 GB to 1 TB.
Best-of-Both-Worlds User Interface
Some functions are better controlled via touch screen and others by real buttons. PIX-E7 incorporates both types of control. The touch screen is best used when interacting directly with a specific area of the displayed image such as zooming in to a point of interest with TapZoom.
Buttons allow the operator to locate a control without looking and instant tactile response leaves no doubt a function has been activated. Button control is well suited to commands such as ‘Record’ where failure to activate can be catastrophic.
Mechanical Construction and Powering
With a compact, die-cast metal chassis, nutted connectors, and an LCD protected by scratch-resistant and optically-bonded Gorilla Glass 2, the PIX-E7 field recording monitors are designed to withstand the most extreme and demanding production environments.
The PIX-E7 is powered by external DC (10-34V) or dual L-mount Sony batteries with powering seamlessly switching from one source to another should one become depleted or removed.
- LCD Size: 7-inch
- Resolution & ppi: 1920 x 1200, 323 ppi
- Luminance (Brightness): 500 nit
- IPS with Gorilla® Glass 2
- PIX-Assist Monitoring Tools
- TapZoom™: 2x, 4x
- LUTs: S-Log 2 & 3, Canon® Log, V-Log, custom LUTs (16x16x16, 17x17x17, 32x32x32 or 33x33x33 .cube)
- Peaking Filter
- Guide Markers
- False Colors: 4-step, 12-step
- Zebras: Zebras 1, Zebras 2
- Scopes: Waveform Monitor Luma (White, Green) RGB (Overlay, Parade); Vectorscope; Histogram Luma (White, Green) RGB (Overlay, Parade); Four-Way Monitoring (Video Feed, Histogram, Vectorscope, Waveform Monitor)
- Anamorphic Desqueeze: Sensor Ratio (4×3, 16×9/17×9), Lens Ratio (1.33x, 1.5x, 2x)
- 4K (UHD, DCI) Max Resolution/Frame Rate 30 fps
- HD (1080i, 1080p, 720p) Max Resolution/Frame Rate 120 fps
- Codec: Apple® ProRes Proxy to Apple ProRes 4444 XQ
- File Transfer to Computer via SpeedDrive™ USB 3.0 interface
- SpeedDrive – Enclosure plus approved 240 GB mSATA Solid State Drive
- SpeedDrive – Enclosure only (compatible with third-party 128 GB to 1 TB mSATA SSDs)
- Inputs: 6G-SDI, 3G-SDI (level A & B), HDMI
- Outputs: HD-SDI, HDMI
- PsF to P
- 3:2 Pulldown Removal
- 4K Input to Output Scaling
- Max No. Tracks: 8
- Analog Inputs: 2x unbalanced line, 3.5mm, 2x balanced mic/line, XLR (via optional PIX-LR)
- Embedded Audio Inputs: 8 SDI and 4 HDMI
- Headphone Output
- Remote Control & Timecode
- Record Start/Stop Flags: SDI/HDMI
- Embedded TC: SDI (BNC), HDMI, LTC In (BNC), and LTC (via Line In 1 & 2)
- TC Out: SDI
- Powering, Weight, & Dimension
- Power Source EXT DC (10-34V), (optional) 2x Sony L-mount batteries
- Weight 1 lb 7 oz
- Dimensions (WxHxD) 7.3 in x 4.9 in x 1.5 in (185.42 mm x 124.46 mm x 38.1 mm)