Originally, when we designed version one of this product, it was to be used in the underslung position on cranes. However, because of the ability to use it for shooting a time-lapse, people started to use it in the over-slung position. In this position, the centre of gravity is higher. This forces you to ensure your base is secure because as your setup gets higher, the more unstable it becomes.
Kessler REV 2 Head Features & Specifications
- NEW Low Profile Design
- Removable stand-offs for even lower profile (when cable pass-through is not needed)
- Adjustable Tilt arm with 4″ of adjustment including 5 different heights
- Choose between 500 or 1000 series motor for different applications
- Billet aluminum with stainless steel hardware construction.
- Dual motors for each axis, provide zero backlash and 100% holding power (no drifting).
- Continuous 360 degree movement on both pan and tilt.
- Superior Dynamic Range. Unit is both faster and slower than other heads at similar price point.
- Ball bearing and belt drive to eliminate gear to gear noise.
- Pass-through axle points, for easy cable routing.
- Cabling is CAT5 / CAT6 cable with RJ45 connectors (standard network cable). NO EXPENSIVE PROPRIETARY CABLES!!-
- Unit Weight: 10 lbs.
- Weight Capacity: 20 lbs.
- Arm Extended: 12.5″ x 12.5″ x 6.25″
- Arm Collapsed: 16.5″ x 12.5″ x 6.25″
- (height is reduced by 1.5″ with stand-offs removed)
- Weight: 9 lbs.
ORACLE Controller Supported Features & Specifications:
- Backlit LCD display with menu and setting values.
- Fully adjustable controls for Max Speed, Dampening, & Dead Band.
- Movement Recording / Memory Function with three memory banks.
- Battery meter for ORACLE battery
- SmartLapse WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) Timelapse mode
- Assignable Premium Multi-Function Joystick controls
- Built-in intervalometer with stand alone, continuous motion, shoot-move-shoot, & stop motion modes
- Intervalometer capable of 0.25 sec exposure time for fast shutter (if camera can support the frame rate)
- 2nd axis control while in „Slider“ Mode. Control slide and one axis of Revolution Head or Turntable with one ORACLE controller.
- Cabling is CAT5 / CAT6 cable with RJ45 connectors (standard network cable). NO EXPENSIVE PROPRIETARY CABLES!!
- Powered by standard AC power supply with wall plug, or optional 12v DC adapter and battery pack.