The Glidecam XR-2000 is the advanced and re-designed version of the Glidecam 2000 Pro Stabilizer. It is a hand-held camera stabilizing system designed for compact, low profile cameras weighing up to 2.7 kg (6 lbs).
The Glidecam XR2000 keeps the camcorder balanced and isolated from the undesirable motions produced by the operator’s hand movements. It makes camera-panning, tilting, booming or running possible without any camera instability or shake. Due to its offset, foam cushioned, handle grip, attached to a free floating, three axis gimbal, the Glidecam XR 2000 Stabilizer allows the operator’s hand to move up and down, and side-to-side, thereby alleviating the bouncing, pogo-type action.
At the Glidecam XR-2000 Stabiliser a unique and proprietary, precision, three-axis gimbal incorporates several adjustable axis convergence controls, allowing all three axes to intersect for proper operational alignment.
The camera mounting platform of the XR-2000 Handheld Camcorder Stabilizer doesn’t include any fine adjustment knobs, but it can be adjusted to move back and forth, and side to side, making the adjusting of the camera’s horizontal balance possible. The vertical balance of the camera can be adjusted by varying the amount of counter weight plates on the base platform, or by changing the length of the no-tools telescoping central post. When balanced properly, the XR 2000 Camera Stabilizer allows to shoot smooth shots not only when it comes to normal shooting like walking or moving the camera slowly around someone but even while running up and down stairs or traveling over rugged terrain.
Key features of the Glidecam XR2000 Camcorder Stabilizer
• Dynamic camera mounting platform
• Adjustable convergence, precision, three-axis Gimbal
• No-tools telescoping center post
• Rubber feet under base platform
• Foam padded handle grip
• Precision bearings at all vital points
• Allows unrestricted booming and 360° panning
• 1/4″ mounting hole on the base platform for optional LCD monitor attachment
• Laser etched labeling
• Material: aluminum
• Color: anodized studio black
• Payload capacity: up to 2.7 kg / 6 lbs
• Weight: 0.95 kg / 2.10 lbs (without counterweights)
• 16 pcs counter weight plates
- 12 pcs large counter weight plates (0.94 kg / 2.07 lbs)
- 4 pcs small counter weight plates (0.11 kg / 0.25 lbs)
• Camera mounting head dimensions: 15.2 x 10.6 x 1.9 cm / 6 x 4.19 x 0.75 in
• Base platform dimensions: 10.16 x 25.4 cm / 4 x 10 in
• Central post diameter: 2.54 cm / 1 in
• Length of central post: 38.1-55.8 cm / 15-22 in
• Camera plate holes: 1/4″